Saturday, June 21, 2014

Yesterday

Yesterday my hair turned out great....Great!
So great that I thought to myself...Hey! Where is that cute matching necklace and earring set?
Wouldn't that go perfect with this shirt and my perfect, perfect hair?

Yesterday it also rained most of the day.
Tsk...What good is perfect hair in the rain?

Today, I struggled to put every. single. one. of. my. bangs into its rightful place.
It's humid as hell from all the rain yesterday and my hair didn't work at all.

Some days I admit that I would like to find the missing electric dog shears
and do away with these offending locks once and for all.

Most days I realize how trivial this all sounds.

Really? Bad and good hair days?
That's what you blog about ....hair?!

I blog about my life.
I realize that my life is no worse off or better off than anybody else's.
It's MY take on it that gives it any meaning I suppose.

Now, mind you, I'm not really all that upset over the fact that my hair didn't work today.
But I'm trying to piece something together here.

Yesterday, the neighbor boy tried to lure my 4 year old grandson to the hidden side of their house, which is out of my range of vision. When I yelled at my grandson that he-
"COULD.NOT.GO.WHERE.GRANNY.CAN'T.SEE.YOU" he pitched a fit.
And started to disobey me by heading over to the hidden side.
Naughty neighbor boy was taunting my grandson by calling and calling and calling his name.
When the naughty neighbor boy finally came around the corner of the hidden side of that house  he held in both of his hands a large rock.
Now when I say large rock, I mean small boulder. It was larger than a 16" softball.

Naughty neighbor boy has anger and behavioral issues, is 6 years old, is being raised by his Aunt and he has a Mama who prefers her crack pipe to her boy.
He has in the past tried to hit my grandson over the head with a plastic (under the bed sized) toy box.
Now, I ain't stupid. I know this boy has some issues.
Which is why I NEVER let my grandson play with him out of my sight ever.
But the sight of that rock made me want to throw up.
And I wondered to myself if I was making more outta this than there really was.
But I couldn't stop picturing in my head what could have happened with that rock.

To say I was upset is putting it mildly.
If I am remembering correctly, some of the first words outta my mouth were
Big and Fucking and Rock.
Naughty boys Uncle came running when he heard me yelling.
After that the uncle made naughty boy go inside.

I took the grand kids for a walk around the block.
On the block behind us, there lives a friend of mine and her three boys, ages 5, 3 and 1.
I stop to let the kids play for a bit and tell her my story about the boy and the rock.
Before I'm even finished she says "That makes me feel sick".
So was I making more of it than I should have?
Was it just the thought in my head that made it so much worse?
Should I have waited for the rock to do damage before I made a mountain outta a mole hill?
Should I not have swore out loud so loudly??

In the blink of an eye, my grandsons life, naughty boys life, my life, could have been altered forever.

And my point is this...
Do I want to be the kind of person who worries about what her hair looks like?
Do I want to be the kind of person who imagines the worst case scenario of what might have been?
Do I want to be the kind of person who talks to a neighbor about a naughty boy with issues?

Maybe....No....and it depends.

It scared the begeezus out a me, if you want the honest to God truth.
I think naughty boy is truly capable of harming another kid.
I'm thinking that I need to rethink any thought I have of these 2 ever playing together again.

Life can change in the blink of an eye.
Life can change with the tossing of a stone.
Life can change with a walk around the block.

I'm thinking that I need to worry less about my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment