Monday, January 15, 2018

Do ya?

So I'm sitting here looking at the list of blogs that I follow trying not to be embarrassed about it.
I follow 60 blogs. Sixty!
(Well, I follow 60 blogs but some of them are no longer active.)
But still, I hesitate to delete some of them. And I'm not sure why.
What if their next post is exactly what I've been needing to hear?
I started following them for some reason...do I really want to delete them just because they aren't posting anymore?
Do you all do this? Or am I simply looking too far into things?
In all honesty, nobody cares if I follow 60 blogs, do they?
***********************************************
So I'm sitting here looking at a stack of books that I should be reading.
I have 20 books checked out from our local library right now. Twenty!
And there they sit,  next to my computer untouched and unread because there are too many of them.
It feels like I have some sort of library induced A.D.D.
Oooo, look at this one! Hey! I've wanted to read that one for a while now. This one comes highly recommended by a friend. Wow! This one is a must read!
Books, books, books! Gratitude books, cookbooks, Winter poems, books on Solstice and Light, God, Jesus, Laura Ingalls Wilder and a Scottish Highlander trashy novel thrown in just for fun. ;)
Do you all do this too?
Y'all don't care if I have 20 unread books sitting here either, do you?
***********************************************
Christmas trappings have been removed for two weeks already. Winter is slogging along without much fanfare. We got 3 inches of snow last night.. no big deal.
We survived being in the deep freeze for 2 solid weeks. Temps never got out of the single digits.
We survived the flu. By "We" I mean everybody got it but me. My husband, all 3 of my grown kids, in-laws, and all four grandkids got it. I drank Emergen C and Elderberry syrup every day. Plus I diffused Thieves by Young Living Essential Oil  and I put it on my feet too.
(Now I'm hoping that I didn't just jinx myself by bragging about surviving the flu.)
My anxiety is better and most nights here lately I have been sleeping pretty good, which helps with the anxiety a lot!
I'm teaching myself to meditate and I'm learning to take really deep breaths, hold and release them.
Thank you all for caring about me and inquiring after my well being.
***************************************************
As you can see from the above paragraphs, I live an exciting and scintillating life.
Do you?

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly


3 comments:

  1. I definitely follow a lot of blogs where people are no longer posting. I usually give it a year. I will leave a comment asking if the are okay a couple of times and if still nothing I delete the blog from my blogroll.
    As for books. I have a lot and have at least 6 in the go right now. Books are one of my only indulgences. And if they are from the library they are free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad the anxiety is getting better. The times you have posted when it was really bad felt so hopeless. It made my heart ache to have nothing comforting to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read many blogs too, not daily, but as I have time. I dislike a lot about the internet (even could say I hate a couple of things about it), but one of the things I like about it is how you can get to know someone by the writing on their blogs. And then you do begin to care. Even if you've never met, they've allowed you a peek into their heart and soul, and I don't take that for granted. So over time, you do care if they have 20 books piled up to read, or read 60 blogs. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete