Monday, May 25, 2020

Got no complaint


None of my jeans fit. Not one pair.
I ordered the next size up last week.
When they got here I raced to try them on.
I waffled between elation THEY FIT! and despair THEY FIT!

Guess I shouldn't have eaten that whole package of cinnamon rolls myself.
(They were so damn good)
And also that bakery box full of mini-brownie bites that I bought for the grandkids
 and then never delivered to them. (They had chocolate chips in them!)
And 4 vanilla Oreo cookies every night after dinner dipped in a cold glass of milk.
And an occasional piece of Ghiardelli Chocolate Square with caramel inside.

I am aware that a certain percentage of the population is hungry.
I'm not hungry, I'm just bored. And lazy. And gettin' kinda chubby.
I haven't been inside a grocery store since March 20th. I grocery shop on-line now. Do you?
I really like it although the produce I get is just a smidgeon subpar sometimes.
I grew tomato plants from actual seeds and transplanted them outside in my garden.
It has rained 8 inches since then...........so, uh, yeah, no more tomato plants.
But my flower garden looks like a big green jungle. The blooms are huge and lush.

I haven't gotten a pedicure since last year...oh boo-hoo.  Poor me, right?
I gave one to myself today. And now I know why I pay someone else do my pedicures.
What a disaster!

I haven't gotten my hair cut since February. But I will NOT attempt to do that by myself.
I did buy a tiny little hair piece on line called a Messy Bun. I adore it!
My page boy hair style has grown out so I put my hair into an unfortunate tiny pony tail every day.
After I attach my little Messy Bun, my hair looks like I have it up in a bun. I love this thing!

I am a privileged white woman who can order anything I want on line,
from groceries to jeans in a bigger size, to Pulse Ox Meters (just in case) and have it delivered to my home in under 7 days using Amazon Prime and Instacart.
I don't say that with any sort of pride though. I want you all to know that I am aware of how privileged my life is.

I'm not complaining. I ain't. But I am awful lonely.
How are you all handling the loneliness of this pandemic?

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

2 comments:

  1. THIS.MAKES.ME.SMILE!

    Hugs to you my friend. Hoping that connection is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair is longer than it has been in years and looks scraggly. I am an introvert so haven't found the isolation as hard as others I know. But I have struggled to find a daily rhythm. I'm flitting from one thing to another. Gah. I hope your loneliness is eased soon, dear one. So nice to read what you've been up to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete