Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Enough

I've got stacks of books to read and stacks of journals to go with them.
And I never seem to get around to doing either....reading or journaling.
I've got dust bunnies under my feet that are larger than dust bunnies should be.
Laundry needs doing, need to run to the market, yard needs to be raked.
Grandbabies come again today at noon and the cartoons must be watched
and the baby must be played with even if I am too tired, or too busy.
Not complaining...I realize I am blessed beyond my own comprehension.
Just never seems to be enough time to get things done around here.
Most of the time I don't even have it in me to blog.
I need to finish parts 3 and 4 of why I left church but I don't want to any more.
Suffice it to say that church was boring and I hated it
from the time I was 14 until the age of 48.
Then all hell broke loose in my life.
And at the end of that breaking, Jesus Christ Himself showed up.
He redeemed me and forgave me and showed me a better life than the one that I was living.
And I grabbed on to Him with both hands and won't ever let go again.

That makes it seem like it was all wrapped up nice and tidy but it wasn't at the time.
Maybe some day I will fill in the blanks of this story about my transformation.
But for now, other things are calling for my attention.

So, again, I will say that I'll blog when I can
Maybe I'll even figure out how to be not so hard on myself
because things aren't getting done as I would like.
I'm playing with my grandaughter and watching cartoons with my grandson.
And for today, I am going to say that that is enough.


The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton



No comments:

Post a Comment