Thursday, March 2, 2017

March came in like a lion

It's been a long and eventful couple of days. 
(Of course it has...do I post when things are going smoothly?)
On Sunday our 5 month old granddaughter got christened at church. It was a beautiful ceremony and she was perfect through the whole thing. We all gathered afterwards for lunch and cake and a good time was had by all. 
By that night our 7 year old grandson had a fever and my 21 year old nephew was vomiting. 
My husband started to get sick on Sunday night too, with a fever, sore throat and fatigue.
Took my grandson to the Dr. on Monday. He has strep throat. 
And now so does my husband.
My sister needed an emergency root canal Monday morning as well.
My mother developed a fever and chills on Tuesday morning.
Tuesday afternoon my 3 year old granddaughter developed a high fever, stuffy nose and earaches.
Tuesday night my son-in-law went home from work early, feeling like he had been hit by a train.
Tomorrow I take my 3 year old granddaughter to the Dr.
It's like a green fog has enveloped our family and we're succumbing to it one by one.
I am afraid to breathe around these people.
My husband missed 3 days of work and my grandson has missed 4 days of school so far.
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
So far, knock on wood, I have no symptoms. 
By the grace of God, I hope I don't.
These people are seriously ill.
Even the dog seems like she doesn't feel well.

Bad storms and tornadoes also blew through on Tuesday night.
Needless to say my anxiety is threw the roof and off the charts.
Storms, tornadoes, sickness, fever, worry and anxiety are a volatile combination.

While typing this my granddaughter had to pee. She likes to go potty by herself.  
I followed after a bit to make sure she didn't need any help.
As I called out to her thru the bathroom door "Do you need any help?"
She replied with-
"No thanks. I'm just wiping the pee off the floor."
.........uh........"What?!"
Upon opening the door I did indeed find her on the floor wiping up pee with a single square of toilet paper. 
She handed it to me, dripping wet and said...."Sorry, I missed the potty Granny".

I missed posting the last prompt from my 30 days of writing challenge.
I couldn't think of 5 things. It felt like I got writer's block. The harder I tried to think of funny things, the less things I found to be funny.
Maybe that's just due to my circumstances here lately.
Oh well....

Feb. 28th
Post five things that make you laugh out loud-

1. My sister
2. My best friend
3. The TV show Everybody Loves Raymond-all eight seasons
4. Funny things my grandchildren say
5. ???????

Thanks for reading along as I posted for 30 days.
Truthfully, I'm glad it's over. I felt more pressure to perform than I should have.
I am glad that I challenged myself but if it's ok with you, I'm going to go back to posting the way I normally do.

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Action packed. I'm sending over prayers of healing for the masses and a health barrier for you. Don't get sickπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ur granddaughter! That made me laugh.

    I'm having anxiety today. Sometimes everything is just too much.

    I hope you stay well.

    ReplyDelete