Tuesday, August 22, 2017

What prayers can I pray?

This is the next question from my list-

What prayers can I pray?

Yesterday I prayed that the whole damn world didn't go crazy watching the Eclipse.
Up here at the top of Illinois it was cloudy. Nothing much happened in our sky.
I had a pair of NASA approved glasses and when I put them on to look at the barely visible Sun all I saw was a small blurry orange ball in the sky.
There was no day turning to night, there was no black hole sun, no large looming and moving shadows, no screaming...
(Well, ok there was a little bit of screaming yesterday- the grandkids were here)
I have to say that I was disappointed. I wanted to see and feel that weird negative-like,  silvery feeling everybody was experiencing.
I wanted to scream in glory at what I was witnessing.
(Wait. I think I did that. I did tell ya that the grandkids were here yesterday,
didn't I?) lol
Already I am sick of looking at everybody else's solar eclipse pictures but honestly I think that's just jealousy talking.
So, Yay! I pray you all had a good time watching that miracle.

Ahem.

Somehow I threw my back out. On Saturday I cleaned the house.
Mopping floors, vacuuming rugs and carpets, changing sheets, 4 loads of laundry, the bathroom, the kitchen.
By that afternoon I was walking slow but it just felt strained and sore.
I never felt a pop or a pull. Never felt a defining moment that I had injured myself.
But on Sunday I had to leave church half way through. I couldn't stand the pain of sitting anymore.
I took it easy the rest of Sunday (kinda like you're supposed to!) and took Advil and napped.
Yesterday it felt a little better.
In the morning I took the grandkids out to our tomato patch to collect more tomatoes.
As I bent over to grab a few that were close to the ground I felt a zing.
Not a zing... a ZING.
I could barely stand back up. It took me a second to catch my breath and get my bearings and then the grandkids and I headed back into the house.
I put my husbands TENS unit on, took 3 Advil, laid on the couch with my knees elevated and told the grandkids to read books or watch a movie or play trains.
Two hours later I felt pretty good again.
I had a haircut appointment at 11:30 so I told these two to start picking up the toys.
When I bent over to pick up a box of toy trains (that my grandson can lift!!) it zinged again.
Only this time the zing made me drop that box of trains and it dropped me to my knees.
Granny said a lot of bad words right then I can tell you. A lot.
The pain was excruciating for a few seconds. Once I could stand I found I needed to walk a bit slower than normal.
Didn't stop me from driving to get my hair cut although it hurt like hell getting in and out of the car.
Hair cut is cute. She did a good job.
After we got home I laid back down and babied my back for the rest of the day.
I only hobbled outside that one time to look at that blurry orange solar eclipse.
Ice isn't helping but the TENS unit does as does Advil and taking it easy and not moving too much.
Today I am praying for the pain to not be as intense and I am praying for relief of my symptoms.

Last week I had my mammogram done.
They called 6 hours later and told me that they see something unusual and I need additional views and need to have an Ultrasound scheduled. I have an appointment for August 31.
Surprisingly that news did not send me over the edge. And I don't know why.
I worry about everything else under the Sun but I am not worried about this.
Still...I will be saying my prayers of protection and healing anyway.

My mother-in-law (who I detest) got stung by a bee and had a severe throat closing reaction.
I prayed for God to ease her pain and give her comfort.
That's it.
Dusted off my hands and moved on with my day.
God understands the history we have with each other.

And last but not least, I pray for DJT to be removed from office.
In any way possible.
And I know that might make you think of me as a horrible person.
And maybe I am.
But the fear he instills in this country, in the world, the fear he instills in me needs to be dealt with.

Don't hate me for that.
Pray for me instead.

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly







2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I want to write a letter to DT and tell him how afraid I am since he became president. I want to tell him that I cry a lot now because the world has become such an unhappy place. I want to tell him that since he became president I have become more depressed than ever and I see no future for any of us. And to tell him that I am not even an American and how he has made the whole planet scared.

    I hope your back feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back has been out for 2 weeks too! I NEVER have back troubles, but years of lifting people has finally caught up with me. The morale in our country is at an all time low right now...its horrible. Keep praying Lolly! its all we have!

    ReplyDelete