Monday, September 23, 2019

September

Sweaty McSweaterson here...
Just dropping you a line to let you know that it is hot and humid here in Illinois.
Humidity will be the death of me, I just know it.
Can I person actually die from the humidity??
I can hardly stand it.
I do nothing but perspire all day.
When I open the front door it greets me like a heavy metal slab.
It makes me cranky and short tempered.
Uh.....ahem....
So.
That is not at all what I had planned to write about.
Strange isn't it, what happens when you sit down to write.
I think to myself that I will write about DJT and the state of our world,
And then I end up writing about being angry and sweaty.
Well I suppose there could be a weird correlation there somewhere-
angry and sweaty... haha.

It's late September and the leaves are starting to fall and become crunchy underfoot.
The heat and humidity are relentless. It is cooler at night but I myself feel no relief whatsoever.
Our A/C is still cranked up high.
The grandkids shiver and wrap tiny blankets around their shoulders as they eat breakfast.

With the kids back in school it is much quieter of course.
The silence hums in my home.
Jesus still remains absent and silent over here.
No glimpse of a winged bird or gently falling leaf can thrill me.
Cloud patterns are just that...clouds or patterns. You choose.

I'm not frightened by His silence, just curious. Why did He leave?
I wonder where He has gone and who He is saving now.
And I wonder if they know He is by their side, if they can feel Him like I did.
I miss that ether of His so damn much. I miss hearing His voice.
I miss the small little miracles that He kept trying to show me every day.

I'm ok though, really. I can wait til He comes back again. Because He always does.

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly


2 comments:

  1. "Knowing it is only for a time makes it a little more bearable.", says my beautiful daughter. I take comfort from those words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you lady! Hope you are doing well♥

    ReplyDelete