Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Things I have discovered about grief

I'm gonna grow old without him. I'm sad that we won't get to see each other get old and gray.

I've forgotten where and why and how to find gratitude. And at the moment I don't care.

I no longer find joy in reading, in fact I can't concentrate long enough to even begin a book.

I need to sell the RV.  It was our dream to travel together after retirement-

I am not going by myself.

I hate all of the clutter we've accumulated over the years and I want it gone...

all of it.

He has hidden cash all over this house. I keep finding wads of it everywhere. WTH?  Bless him.

I read somewhere that widowhood year two is worse than year one and I cannot imagine how.

Jesus doesn't answer prayer, even when you beg. I knew this 36 years ago but overtime I forgot.

Loneliness can feel physically painful and there is no medicine for this type of pain.

It's hard learning how to grocery shop and cook for just one. 

It's ok to sleep in on a day when you don't have anything to do.

Sleeping too much and not enough are both exhausting in their own way.

I was surprised at how quickly the rest of the world moved on without him.

Most people have no idea how acutely painful grief is. And there is no way to explain it to them.

Grief is lonely and lonesome and makes you feel alone.

I hate it with every fiber of my being.

Lolly
















No comments:

Post a Comment