Tuesday, April 25, 2023

April 2023

I've bawled three separate times this week.

It is 4 months into year two and I miss him like crazy.

The house has been remodeled, updated, and cleaned.

It's cute and perfect and lonely and deathly quiet.

He is not here anymore. I cannot find him anywhere.

Cardinals, Butterflies, Spring, sunsets....nowhere.

I was so sure I'd be able to see him, hear him, find him...after.

But he is nowhere to be found. It is the same with Jesus.

The silence is deafening and there is nothing I can do about it.

I watched a Cardinal jump in to a bush followed by his mate.

It made me smile for a few seconds but then...nothing.

Remember when I used to constantly look up??? to the sky?

There used to be so much beauty, so many answers, so many spiritual signs.

Now...Nothing. No more signs. There is nothing there. He is not there.

I am devastated by grief. I am devastated by Jesus' absence.

The loneliness is crushing. 


I need to sell the RV, and that, in and of itself, is painful.

Our retirement dreams are gone. My retirement dreams are gone.

We were gonna take all 4 grandkids camping with us but we never got the chance.

The Harley sits in my brother in-laws garage, undriven, unridden, idle.

How do I sell it??? Who would I sell it to??  I don't know if I can....ever.

But the RV needs to go.

The garage is full of his tools...bits and bobs are strewn about everywhere.

The fishing poles, the tackleboxes, the quarts of oil...

His workbench in the basement is just as bad,

Cluttered with so many tools and paraphernalia...

I want nothing more than to hug him and cry in to his shoulder

and ask him to please make everything alright again.

And yet I know that THAT is also impossible,

I am still slogging through this grief and not sure of where 

the end will be.

I have no more words today.



1 comment:

  1. Sending love Lolly girl. I’m hoping the two more months from that post you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete