Friday, December 9, 2011

Grateful

A friend of mine was just diagnosed with MS. MS of all things! And in the background, I can here my qualifier stating out loud that he hates having to warm up his car in the winter. Really?!?! I wish that I could make him feel gratitude for just being alive. To stop complaining for just a heart beat to really look at his life and to realize that he has soo much to be grateful for.
I haven't posted in a while because I was under the suspicion that he was reading these posts thru my Email account and I got scared. But then I thought...so what if he is reading these posts? What does that mean? Why does that scare me? And I'll tell you why. Because telling the truth has always gotten me in trouble. From when I was young and my mom used to say that if I told the truth that I wouldn't be in trouble only to be punished for telling the truth,  to my 30 year marriage to an alcoholic who gets angry when I tell him the truth because he doesn't really want to hear the truth anyhow....Ok, enough of me taking his inventory.
 I decided that I don't want to be afraid of the truth anymore. So I am gonna post what I need to post so I can benefit from it. And if he reads it, maybe he is supposed to be reading it. I just wish that he could realize that he does indeed have so much to be grateful for and not having MS could be the one thing he is grateful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment