Monday, July 11, 2016
I bawled all the way home from dropping the grand kids off at their house on Saturday.
I told my husband that it felt like I had just given back my foster children to their real parents.
They are here with me 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, and they only live 3 blocks away from us,
so yes, I am being dramatic.
In my own defense, my 3 year old granddaughter also bawled and cried and yelled NOOOOO
when she noticed it was their street we were driving on.
I thought it was going to be harder on me than it actually was, to have them with us for 4 days.
Now, don't get me wrong...it was stressful and I am as bone tired and weary as I have ever been.
But honestly I think the stress of the A/C and the fridge going out was worse.
I'm still tripping over that damn cooler. (New fridge comes tomorrow! So does the new A/C unit!)
The Summer heat and humidity 'bout drove me crazy though.
Getting them in and out of the car is such a hassle when everything inside the car
feels like a million degrees.
They were such troopers too. Going to Dr. appointments with us and then driving back and forth
to the physical therapy building...that's a hard thing to do when you are 6 and 3 years old.
They got Happy Meals on the day we had to go to both places in the span of 2 hours.
We took them to the local ribfest and let them play games on the carnival midway-
They both won huge blow up floaties and small stuffed animal snakes.
I fed them barbequed chicken and they ate it faster than I could pull it off the bone.
They danced like 2 little fairie sprites on our way back to the car at sunset.
I miss watching them sleep and looking like perfect angels.
I miss seeing their fuzzy little bed heads in the early morning.
When I have them during the day they don't act like perfect angels nor are their heads fuzzy :)
I appreciate all of your comments of support. It lifted me up when I was feeling mighty low.
With that being said, I realize as of late that I haven't been seeing or feeling much gratitude
in my life.So I thought I'd try something here-
For everything I complain or whine about I must find something for which to be grateful for.
So here's my gratitude list for this bright and sunny Monday morning-
1. I woke up healthy, happy and whole.
2. The portable A/C window units are doing a great job of cooling our house.
3. Both my daughter and my husband are healing better and faster than I thought they would.
4. My grand kids are coming back over today and we are going to the beach and then the library.
5. Tomorrow we get a brand new refrigerator and a new central air unit.
6. My gardens are thriving in this heat and humidity...they look amazing and lush and green.
7. My daily devotionals that have been pointing me back towards praising and worshiping Jesus.
(Sorry Lord, I forget about that when I am stressed)
8. A sister who prays for me and with me.
9. A leisurely morning shower.
10. How wonderful coffee tastes in the morning.
11. A comfy sundress.
12. Tomatoes growing in my garden. Celery too.
13. The smell of Pineapple Sage.
14. Grilled Steak and veggies for dinner last night.
15. My new Steam mop that we got for free with our credit card points.
16. Pictures on Instagram. I love this app
That's it for now.
Thanks for reading!