Friday, November 4, 2016

What brings you deep joy?

On Instagram I saw this writing prompt that asked the question
What brings you deep joy?
And so, since I stated in my last post that I wanted to start writing down the good things that I find in my life, I figured that was a great topic for me to start off with.

So...What brings you deep joy?

Here's my partial list-

That first sip of coffee in the morning
Answered Prayer. You might be amazed at how often this happens to me.
Jesus and His Mercy, Grace and Light in my life
The sound of our pets eating...I love when I can hear them crunch their kibble
The feel of flannel sheets when it's freezing cold outside
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Impending Snowstorms or Blizzards (as long as we are prepared for it)
Rainy gray Mondays in November
The smell of Fall-dry leaves, apples, cinnamon & pumpkin spice
The sound and smell of Rain
The icy smell of cold air and tiny Snowflakes
The smell of Books
The indescribable smell of my grand children's heads
The taste of dark Chocolate melting on my tongue
Listening to the roar of the Ocean with my feet in the warm sand*
*(if you listen carefully it is saying Yahweh)
The sight, sounds and smell of Devils Lake, Wisconsin
Sitting behind my husband on our Harley
No piles of dirty laundry on Christmas morning
The birds at  my feeders

That's it for now. Seems like such a short list. I know there's more.
Guess I'll make this a running list and add to it as I go along.

Have a great weekend friends!
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly














2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I ask you what church you go to? As alway, your faith inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list was beautiful. And you're a great writer.

    The things that bring me deep joy are when I see my grandchildren loving each other and being kind and gentle, when my children work at their marriages, vast Lake Superior outside my window, a hot cup of Lipton tea with cream and honey, Community Bible Study, and being overwhelmed again and again at God's love and mercy and patience with me. Love to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete