Tuesday, July 10, 2018

I'm Golden


Question #6 (from Plant Spirit Medicine-chapter on metal)

What golden opportunities have you lost?

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure.
How does one know if they lost a golden opportunity?
What has to happen to you and your life in order for you to say that you lost a golden opportunity?
Wouldn't you only be able to answer that question in hindsight, after something "bad" happened?
And since you most likely survived that something "bad"...wouldn't a body feel too much gratitude for having survived that situation to complain about a lost opportunity?
I know for me, although it took a while for me to admit this, getting fired forced me to see the toxic environment I had been working in.
I never thought of it as having lost a golden opportunity.
Maybe I've never lost a golden opportunity.
Hmmmm...well wouldn't that be just great?

Image result for golden opportunity quotes

Image result for golden opportunity quotes




Image result for golden opportunity quotes


I guess I could say that I missed a golden opportunity to raise my kids with Jesus,
but I sorta did raise them with Jesus.
They were all believers long before Jesus came and found me.
I took them to Sunday School and Vacation Bible School; I made sure they made their first communion and their 8th grade confirmation.
I sent them to Church camp for one week each Summer.
They loved camp so much that they all three became camp counselors for years afterwards.
But I didn't go to church or join in any of their church related activities.
Jesus was on the periphery of my life back then.
I didn't really know Him and I didn't want to get to know Him.

My girls are still believers. College ruined my boy for religion though. He's an agnostic.
Which is not a horrible thing, really because I now believe that Jesus comes to find you in His time, when He's ready, not when You are ready.
So maybe that was my missed golden opportunity. 
Maybe if I had been a better believer back then my son wouldn't be so negative about Jesus now.
Who knows?

Anyway... Have you ever lost a golden opportunity?

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly


3 comments:

  1. My dad had the opportunity to invest in Microsoft when it was a brand new company. Our neighbour’s daughter had been hired there and told us about it. My mom wouldn’t let him, thinking it was nonsense and computers were just a fad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a single thing. I wish I had started in Al-Anon when I was a teenager but, then again, Al-Anon teaches everything happens when it is suppose to.

    I can think of a few bad things I wish I had missed but that's for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lost golden opportunities to love unconditionally with some family members who were difficult/mentally ill... they died suddenly, and instantly the veil was removed from my eyes about my own self-protectiveness.

    ReplyDelete