Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Moving on

 I'm ok. Sad but ok.

Sometimes with grief you gotta take a few steps backward in order to go forward.

We'll be all right. Healing takes time.

Part of me thinks it was their grief that was erupting, uncontrolled.

Maybe the sixth month mark was too soon for them to go through their childhood things.

I'm real sorry about that prom dress but there isn't anything I can do about it.

I've apologized. I've cried. I've felt tremendous guilt. Now I need to let it go.

In two weeks the contractor comes to fix the ceiling in the bedroom and closet.

Then we rip up the carpet (keep your fingers crossed that hardwood flooring is under that carpet).

After that comes the new furniture and then we will be putting some of their boxes back into one of the closets for storage. Did I tell you that there are 3 closets up there? I'm ok with storing some of their stuff,  just not the crap that needs to be thrown out.

Kate and Debbie, my Hoarder Helpers and I all agree that so much of that stuff in boxes is a fire hazard and is dangerous to keep in this 120 year old house.

So. Many. Papers. And textbooks...my god the books!!! All stored in cardboard boxes.

This old house of mine has Balloon Construction. Essentially it means that my outer walls are hollow and if a fire starts those hollow walls will act like a chimney and the fire will travel up those walls in a flash. Art and I found one hollow outer wall full of sawdust when we remodeled the bathroom. So some of these walls are filled with sawdust which will act as an accelerant. (I miss my Firefighter/Inspector. He was full of knowledge and so damn smart)

It already smells fresher in here. And I've found that clutter is heavy to the spirit.

I am looking forward to my project being finished. I hope the kids soon realize that I meant no harm.

It's just time, my time, to start moving on.

Love, Lolly



No comments:

Post a Comment