Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Examen prayer 2015

I found this on another blog....I forget which one. 

Which is precisly why this might be a trifle difficult for me.

I can't remember shit anymore.

How am I supposed to remember a whole years worth of stuff?!

But it did seem to spark my interest, so maybe I'll get a special notebook
and write some of this stuff down or I could post something on the blog once in a while too.

A Reflective Review of the Past Year:

St. Ignatius Loyola's Examen is an opportunity for peaceful daily reflective prayer. 

It invites us to find the movement of God in our life. 

The Examen is simply a set of introspective prompts for you to follow or adapt to your own character and spirit. Begin with a pause and a slow, deep breath or two; become aware that you are in the presence of the Holy.

As I review the past 12 months, from a year ago through to the present moment -
What am I especially grateful for this year?
An event that took place
Courage that I mustered
Love and support I received
I ask for the light to know God and to know myself as God sees me.
Where have I felt true joy this year?
What troubled me this year?
What has challenged me?
Where and when did I find an opportunity for renewal and pause?

Have I noticed God's presence in any of this?
           In light of my review, what is my response to the God of my life?
As I look ahead, to the coming months what comes to mind?
With what spirit do I want to enter the next few months, the next year?
I ask for God's presence and grace, for this spirit, as I enter the next year

**********************************************************************************

I'll let y'all know how this works out for me.

1 comment:

  1. What's with these white boxes surrounding the text?? idk

    ReplyDelete