Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A Fall update

Hello!
I am alive and well in case you were wondering.
I've been trying to post for weeks now, but I keep getting interrupted by my life.
My very busy, it's wonderful to be alive, life.

Two grandkids spent the night this past weekend; we took them to Mcdonald's, their favorite place (blech) and played games and watched movies and fed them doughnuts for breakfast.
There have been pumpkin farms to visit, and colored leaves to gather, and mittens to search for.
One granddaughter had a ballet recital, one granddaughter sang in church on a Sunday.
One grandson plays soccer and has had a game every Saturday for eight weeks in a row.
I got sick for a week, felt short of breath and had a pulmonary function test done. No results yet.
I cleaned out the pantry and the cupboards and got rid off all of the expired cans and boxes.
What a wasteful creature I am. There was way too much that I had to throw out.
We bought an Instant Pot and made Pork Carnitas in 2 and 1/2 hours instead of the usual 10 hours.
The recipe is online at SkinnyTaste.Com...it's a good one.
I decorated the house for Halloween.
I cut down my gardens and bagged up all the clippings for the waste hauler.
Cleaned out the freezer and rearranged it so things were easier to locate.
Got my hair cut.
Took the grandkids to the library to decorate rocks on craft day.
Bought myself a new winter coat that is light weight...YAY!  Also bought a pair of jeans that don't pinch or bind or aggravate me in any way...Double YAY!!
We took our boat out one last time to see the fall colors on Lake Geneva. The colors of the trees weren't really at their peak yet and the water was as  black as crude oil. Froze our asses off too. It only made it up to 48 degrees that day.
Boating season is officially over for the year.
I'm feeling good, my anxiety is finally under control, life feels and seems and IS going smoothly.
I am happy and not stressed.  I am busy everyday which is a good thing. I miss reading your blogs.
I miss writing on my own blog. Hopefully late this Fall and during the Winter I will find more time to be attentive here.
I find myself much more reflective and thoughtful during the cold winter months anyway.
It's been lovely chatting with you all.

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly


2 comments:

  1. Heya Lolly .... it's good to hear from you. You are one busy lady!

    So glad that things seem to be going so much better and that the anxiety is under control. I will look forward to hearing from you when the weather gets cold and, until then, know that I am thinking bout you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplished more in that list than I could possibly do. Well done. I hope you're feeling better. Not stressed is good -- I like that for all of us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete