Monday, October 1, 2018

Book Worm


Hey!  Hi !! Remember me?
I'm the lady who used to blog here.
It feels like it's been forever since I posted anything.
But in reality it's been a little under a month...just 20 days, so not that long really.

I've been reading a lot this past month.
So many books in fact that I can't concentrate on any of them.
I am breaking my own cardinal rule...Never start a book without finishing your current one.
Which is probably why I am having trouble concentrating on all of them.
Want to know how many books are in the works right now?
Nine. Nine! What am I doing???
But they are all so good... here's my list

* Finding I Am by Lysa Terkeurst
* Praying Body and Soul by Anthony DeMello
* Wellsprings by Anthony DeMello
* Handwritten Recipes by Michael Popek
* The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
* Waking Up To The Dark by Clark Strand
* The Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock
* The Hawk and the Dove trilogy set by Penelope Wilcock (Thank you Julie)
* Yoga for Pain Relief by Kelly McGonigal Ph.D


This is a picture of my library receipt from this past Saturday.

Image may contain: text

Who the hell reads this much??
Uh...Me, that's who.
I do.
I read this much.
Feels a little bit shameful.
Just a little bit, not enough for me to stop reading books for heavens sake.
I mean I'm not insane.
But if I couldn't read, or something prevented me from reading, I'd go crazy.
So why am I sabotaging myself by reading so many at once?
There's no hurry, it's not like the library is going anywhere.
Why am I taking the enjoyment out of my favorite thing to do in the whole world?
Maybe I need to check out a book on excessive reading...hmmm
You know, there's a word for that...for people who read too much.
It's called-

 Bibliobibuli

Do any of you read too much or read to excess?
Does anybody wonder what any of these books are about?
Or why I am reading them?
Do any of these books sound good to you?

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment