Friday, June 1, 2012

Went to my Tuesday night meeting. So glad I did. Perfect meeting for me to go to. Of course I knew that would happen. It always does. Somebody shares the right thing or the topic of the night is just the thing that I needed to hear. Funny how it works that way. Another newcomer showed up. She was distraught, exhausted and crying; a real mess. Oh how I remember being there in that ugly, lonely, dark place. At the bottom of your own life...unsure if you should get back up or if you even know how to get back up anymore...or  if you even want to. It's sad to me how another persons raw pain can help remind me how far I've come in the program. Wish it didn't have to be that way....I wish other peoples pain and anguish didn't have to be a marker for my progress. But it is nice knowing that I have the skills now to help myself and it is also nice knowing that in some small way maybe I will be able to help them as well. I love it when the program works for me. I love how I feel when I go and I like how it reminds me all over again why I am there and  that I do need to be there every Tuesday night.  Thanks Ladies for a great meeting!
And Sylvia??? Keep coming back. It gets better. It really does. It works when you work it!

1 comment:

  1. Your progress is hope for someone else. If you could get better, than maybe they can too.

    ReplyDelete