Thursday, August 16, 2018

Sloppy Joes


So the grandkids both go back to school next week Thursday.
Today I electronically applied for a job online for the company that
provides the school lunches for our local school district.
Kinda like a Lunch Lady.

They only wanted the last six years of a persons work history.
Well...I've been babysitting for 8 years, so guess what happened?
Yep. Not 10 minutes later, through an email, I was told I did not have enough job experience.

There wasn't any place on this electronic job application to type out reasons
for lack of employment history, or what I've been doing for the last 8 years.

I called my sister and told her that I was sorta bummed that they wrote me off so quickly.
She told me to email them back and explain that I have plenty of experience feeding breakfast and lunch to groups of asshole children who won't finish their plate of food.
Ahahahahaha!!!!
That made me feel better.

Sigh. Looks like this job application thingy might be harder than I thought.
I have no resume and I have not worked in the public sector for 10 years.
What's a body to do???

Think I'll make Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight.



3 comments:

  1. You didn’t have enough experience? That is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe they will call you back when no one else applies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely contact them with the information you have regarding your employment. With email or phone call. They just have a problem with they’re application process being narrow minded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Linda. I'd email them with descriptions of what you're capable of.

    ReplyDelete