Wednesday, August 1, 2018

For my fellow pilgrims

WHOLENESS AND BROKENNESS ; A POEMby Jeannie Kendall
Wholeness and brokenness
can be strangely misleading.
We wear our “wholeness”
like a badge of honor
seldom recognizing
that it is a shield;
our prized invulnerability a mask
deflecting gazes
which we fear
may linger too long
and see what is within.
Yet, if we could but own
our brokenness,
find it held by fellow-pilgrims
as a sacrament;
we may yet discover
that in our fragile, broken selves
we are more whole
than ever we were
hiding behind our strength;
and where we see only fracture
God sees instead
a window
through which
His light and life
may flow.

There's a saying that people often say about there being a light at the end of the tunnel....
Where people say "Hang in there Sweetie. There's a light at the end of the tunnel."
Would it surprise you to find out that this saying aggravates me?
No?  You're not surprised? You know me well.
Listen... Well meaning friends??? Sometimes, that light that you speak of ?
It turns out to be a freight train heading straight for you and there isn't anyway to get out of it's way.
Now, with that in mind...sometimes, yes, there IS  a light at the end of the tunnel, 
but other times there isn't anything at all. Nothing but darkness.
And it's exhausting and scary to feel like you're in that dark, lonely, quiet place. 
Especially since there aren't any instructions or directions to find your way out.
So when I found this picture on Instagram I sent it to myself because it was one of the best sayings I'd ever seen on that subject of finding light at the end of the tunnel.
"I stopped waiting
 for the light at the
 end of the tunnel 
and lit that bitch up myself.
Today I'm thankful and grateful that that place is no longer a place I inhabit or go to or belong.
For those of you still there, still finding your way out...
know this-
I am praying for you...praying that you find that light, praying that you find the torch that will help you light that bitch up, and maybe even along the way you'll realize that the light that you've  been looking for is inside you...
has been inside of you all along. 
It's just waiting for you to strike that match,
 to burn the place down,
 and light up that darkness.

What needs to be set aflame in your life, your heart? 
What spark is God striking in your soul?
 What do you want to say about that to HIM right now?

Related image

Image result for burn it down quote
Let's burn that tunnel down together.  Anybody got a match?  Who's with me?

(And I'm sorry if this post is insensitive to those of you living close to the fire zones. It's just that sometimes the soul just burns, ya know? And fighting fire with fire is sometimes the right course of action. I love you guys...stay safe.)
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

1 comment:

  1. It’s true. All of this. Sometimes I want to throw every self-help book I own. What is wrong with me just the way I am? Actually, last night I threw one of my “diet” books. They are also always telling me that I am not good enough.

    ReplyDelete