Monday, June 11, 2018

Barefoot and happy

18. How do you feel walking barefooted? Putting your hands in dirt?
In pure soft grass, I like being barefoot. I like the feeling of the cool green grass under my feet. Meditation is teaching me to connect myself to the Earth by walking in the grass. Walking  down the sidewalk while barefoot doesn't bother me until I step on the dreaded "unseen pebble".
My hands are in the dirt all Summer long. I am always pulling a weed here or replanting something there. Flowers make me happy, but a gardener's work is never done.
Most of the time I wear garden gloves though. I feel fearless when I wear them! No stings from spiders or biting ants!!

19. Would you like to be alone in the wilderness? No. Hell no.

20. How do you feel about caring for young children?
Since you all know that I babysit for my two grandkids, let me say this-
I love it and I hate it. It's fun and exhausting. We ride bikes and go to the beach for swimming. We go to the library and check out books and go for walks around the neighborhood picking up trash. Rarely do we sit and do nothing. Rainy days are for Netflix and craft making and playing games.
They keep me young. I am honored that my daughter gives me so much leeway with them. It truly feels like I am raising another set of my own kids. But there is so much joy and wonder in these two! I love them!

21. Would you paint your kitchen yellow? Yes! A bright sunny yellow!
Your living room?  Maybe, but it would have to be a softer buttery color. Your car? No

22. How do you feel in Indian Summer (Harvest time)? 
Usually hot and aggravated. It's not cool enough yet, so there isn't any Fall type weather to break the oppressive heat. By Harvest Time, I am done, done, done with Summer temps. I do like the thought of Fall approaching. I get all giddy thinking about the cool nights and rainy days to follow.

Image result for Wicca

23. When have you felt that the rug was pulled out from under you?
Again...back when I got fired in 2009. As unhappy as I was at that job, my firing came as a complete surprise and a shock. It rendered me useless for a long time. I realize now that afterwards I had become depressed because of it but that is just because hindsight is 20/20. It wasn't until a year later that I realized I had been working in a toxic environment and by being fired they had done me a huge favor.

That's it for today!
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

1 comment:

  1. I am almost always barefoot. Hate socks. Hate shoes.

    I have a yellow bedroom downstairs and I love it. I wouldn’t want to be in it all the time, I love my purple bathroom for that, but it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete