Monday, June 18, 2018

The last nine on Earth


27. Do you have a shoulder to cry on? A sympathetic ear to listen to your problems?
No, I don't...not anymore. I find myself in this season of solitude that just keeps getting longer.
I crave a good friend. Someone who I can talk with, laugh with, share things with.
For reasons that are too personal to share here, my husband is not someone I can or would want to, share these things with. It's a long story...

28. How do you know who you are?
I'm not too sure that I know who I am anymore.
(Do YOU know who YOU are?)
I am a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, sister-in-law, niece.
I am an avid reader. I follow Jesus. I am a gardener.

29. Do you know where your next meal is coming from?  Yes. My kitchen.

30. Are you a sympathetic listener?
Is it a cop-out to say I try to be? Because I do try to be a sympathetic listener. How does one know if they are a sympathetic listener or not?

31. Do you know how people feel?
Most of the time, yes. You can tell, I can tell, by their facial expressions, or by the way they sigh or the way they walk. I think most of the people I come in to contact with are lonely and/or stressed.
 Do you care how they feel?
Yes. But there are times when there is nothing I can do about the way they feel.

32. How do you feel when a homeless person asks you for money? 
A homeless person has never asked me for money.

33. Do you enjoy taking care of people? 
Yes. Maybe I've become too domesticated. I like doing their laundry. I like preparing meals for them and cleaning the kitchen afterwards. When my people are sick or injured I like to make them special meals or bring them their meds, buying them a magazine or putting on a favorite DVD, whatever they need. I enjoy shopping for them...finding a little trinket here or a package of socks there, just for the hell of it...just because I know they will like it.
 Do you enjoy taking care of Animals? Good lord, YES! I could be a Vet technician. I've got a "feel" for animals. I tell people that I can speak dog. I know what they (the dogs) are saying or thinking or what they need by their demeanor or expression.

34. Plants, rocks, rivers, wind, mountains, valleys- do you know how they feel?
If I say yes, I don't want you to think that I am weird. But, maybe, yes, I do. I think we as a people are destroying our planet. And I think the Earth is trying to tell us that it hurts, that it's hot, that it needs us to stop producing so much garbage because it is suffocating and dirty and polluted.
Just look at all of the fires and earthquakes and hurricanes that are happening in epic proportions.
And now Kilauea has been erupting and spewing lava since May 18th.
Something is way out of whack.

Image result for te ka

(This a picture of Te Ka from the movie Moana. She's angry because her heart has been stolen.)

 Do their feelings matter to you?
Yes. We all need to listen to nature. The Earth is screaming and we need to learn to listen to it.

Image result for the earth has music for those who listen


35. What do you feel grateful for today?
Today? It is 109 in the shade, so I am grateful for A/C
A glass of Raspberry Iced Tea
Bird song outside the open kitchen window before it got too hot outside and I had to close it
Our local craft store, where I bought the stuff to make Glitter Globes today
Dropping the grandkids off at Vacation Bible School which gave me 3 hours to myself
Storms predicted for later today...my gardens need the rain
Jesus and coincidental Bible readings


That's it for the chapter on Earth.  Next up is Metal.
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly




No comments:

Post a Comment