Friday, June 29, 2018

Six words

Bob Goff writes-
“Someone once asked me what I would write if I only had six words for my autobiography. Here’s what I came up with:
What if we weren’t afraid anymore?”


This six word thingy is apparently a thing right now.

I follow writingiswonderful on Wordpress who only writes in 6 word sentences. She gets a word prompt and then writes a story using only six words. Her posts blow me away every single time.
How does she do that, I wonder?

I also wonder what MY autobiography would be titled
if I was using only six words.
Here's a few samples I came up with:

* What if I didn't yell anymore?
* Why's my kitchen sink always clean?
* Finding friends after fifty is futile!
* I use humor when I'm nervous.
* I've always been awkward, and you?

So, back to Bob Goffs question-
What would YOU do if you weren't afraid anymore?
I'd cut my hair really really short, like a Pixie haircut.
I'd sing really loud in church and raise my hands straight up to the ceiling.
I'd never wear a bra again.
I'd dress more Bohemian...more flowing layers and skirts, more jingling jewelry.
I'd mow down my front garden and start all over again with different plants.
I'd get another Chihuahua.
I'd tell my husband to retire and we'd move to Florida.
I'd join a Yoga group, learn to meditate and locate my missing Chakras.
I'd let go of the control I think I have and I'd quit pestering Jesus with my anxiety.

What are your six words? What six words would describe your life?
I'm interested to hear what your six word choices will be.

Also, what would YOU do if YOU weren't afraid anymore?

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

2 comments:

  1. I would believe in myself and my abilities to do this thing called life. Then I wouldn’t feel the need to try to control everyone and everything. I’d stop worrying, “yeah but what if”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afraid I won't hear "Well done..."

    (from Matthew 25:21)

    ReplyDelete