Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 days of prayer 9

Day 9

A friend asked me this question on Facebook this morning...." How can I pray for you today?"  And I could think of nothing to say back to her. Nothing! How can she pray for me?? I wonder why that question rendered me mute when not much else does. I swear I felt myself gulp as I tried to think of an answer. What do I need ? How can she cover me in prayer today?  Wow. Um......??? I don't know if the silence in my head is a good thing or not. I honestly don't believe anyone has ever asked me that question before. It's kinda like that gift question, ya know? You can think of a million things that you want to buy for yourself and yet! when someone asks you what you want for your birthday or for Christmas you draw a complete blank. Well, that's me today. So instead of taxing my brain trying to think of something, I think that I will just say a prayer for her instead.

A Prayer For My Friend 
Author Unknown

Lord, I ask You to bless my friend who is reading this right now.
Where there is pain,
may they find peace and mercy.
Where there is self-doubt,
may they gain a renewed confidence.
Where there is weariness or exhaustion,
give them understanding, patience, and strength.
Where there is fear,
reveal your love, and offer to them your courage.
Give them greater vision, bless their finances,
and raise up leaders and friends to support and encourage them.
May their spirit always be joyous and
their days rich and full with love and happiness,
And may they always know that they have a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment