Thursday, February 16, 2017

Diary of a mad housewife


Feb. 15th

Bullet-point your whole day
  • Woke up at 6:00am
  • Watched the weather on TV (feels like 15 degrees right now and a high of 35 today)
  • Made the bed
  • Showered and brushed my teeth
  • Got dressed, felt too hot, changed my shirt
  • Dried my hair
  • Gathered laundry and started the first load
  • Folded the dry load that was in the dryer that I had forgot about
  • Walked the dog
  • Made my first cup of coffee at 7:00am
  • Lit my morning candle (Candles represent God's presence among us, and reminds me of Christ's presence which brings light into the world)
  • Read my morning devotionals
  • Talked with my BFF on the phone for 10 minutes (she just put her dog down yesterday)
  • Started typing this post at 7:30am
  • Welcomed the grand kids in the front door at 8:00
  • Fed them breakfast
  • Combed their hair and supervised teeth brushing
  • Jackets and hats on (this gets a bullet point simply because it is a battle. Every. Day.)
  • Drove my grandson to school at 8:35am
  • Drove back home
  • Added more to this bullet-point post
  • Made a second cup of coffee at 9:00am
  • Put all the heads back on my granddaughters little headless dolls per her request
  • 9:30am...time for Bubble Guppies and Umizoomi (her favorite cartoons)
  • Checked FB and read blogs and looked for that quote about candle light at the top of the page
  • Played Princess's with my granddaughter
  • Lunch at noon
  • Made my third cup of coffee for the day at 1:00pm
  • Loaded dishwasher with breakfast and lunch dishes
  • Wiped down kitchen counters
  • What's for dinner?? Crap! Forgot to defrost anything....
  • Search cupboards and pantry for something for dinner
  • Cleaned the cat box and took out the trash
  • Checked MSNBC on line to see what is happening in Washington DC
  • Got sucked in to the online vortex and wasted an hour of my time
  • Added more items to this bullet-point post
  • Picked up my grandson from school at 2:00pm today
  • Picked up a prescription at Target and spent $58.00 on a new lunchbox for my grandson (actually, the lunch box was $7.99 but I NEVER get out of Target without spending $50 bucks on what I have no idea!)
  •  Fixed an after school (after Target) snack for the grand kids-Cookies and milk
  • Turned on Sponge Bob Squarepants for the kids so I could finish my book in peace
  • Started dinner at 4:45   Sauteed Chicken breasts, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn
  • Ate dinner at 5:30
  • Loaded the dishwasher with dinner dishes
  • Daughter picked up the kids at 6:20
  • Poured a glass of wine
  • Watched re-runs of Andy Griffith and Everybody Loves Raymond til 8:30
  • Fed the cat, locked the doors, turned off lights
  • Off  to bed and asleep by 9:00

       Ta-Da! 
       Hard to keep up with me, I know.   I am livin' the life!
       Truthfully? I wouldn't change a thing.

      Thanks for reading,
       Love, Lolly



5 comments:

  1. Feels like the dark cloud is being managed so much better. Happy you are finding your grateful hour by hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of stuff to do in one day. I laughed at putting heads back on your granddaughter 's dolls.
    You reminded me that I need to get a load out of the dryer and clean the litter box. Going to go do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There wasn't a load in the dryer after all. Litter box done! ✅

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed by how much we accomplish each day!!! This proves it!! you are a super hero!! I was tired just reading this....I love to make lists of what I have done all day. Justifying my existence. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised at the things I forgot to write down! Like feeding the dog, going to the bathroom, playing on the jungle gym at school while waiting to pick up my grandson, changing poopy diapers, chatting with my sister on the phone....wonder what else I'm forgetting.

    ReplyDelete