Monday, February 13, 2017

Excitation


Feb.13

What are you excited about?

Spring!!!
Sunny days,
white puffy clouds,
clear blue skies,
red breasted Robins and
Robin's Egg blue colored eggs nestled in a nest,
New Life,
leaves budding on the trees,
blooming purple Lilacs,
the heady smell of freshly turned earth,
replanting my flower garden with tender new plants,
Yellow Daffodils,
the smell of rain,
finding green Hosta shoots pushing up through the soil,
pink Tulips,
the sound of birds singing in the trees,
open windows and fresh air,
cooler weather but not freezing,
brown grass turning spring green,
violets in the yard,
only needing a light sweater- no more heavy winter coats,
Harley rides with the breeze blowing in our hair,
Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter morning,
Chocolate Bunny's and marshmallow Peeps,
Spring coming in like a Lion and going out like a Lamb,
April showers bring May flowers,
Rebirth and regrowth and remembrance.

Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly


Be with Me in My Unfolding

By: Ted Loder

It is spring, Lord.
And the land is coming up green again,
Unfolding
Outside my well-drawn boundaries
And urgent schedules.
And there is the mystery
And the smile of it.
The willows are dripping honey color into the rivers,
And the mother birds are busy in manger nests,
And I am learning again
That "for everything there is a season
And a time for every matter under heaven."
O Lord, you have sketched the lines of spring.
Be with me in my unfolding.
It is spring, Lord,
And my blood runs warm with the song of the sap,
Longing
For a beauty I would become.
And there is the mystery
And the smile of it.
The buds are swelling on the bush,
The sun is beginning to coax the color
From where it's been curled against the cold,
The air is sweet to the nostrils;
Even the city seems to be rubbing its eyes
From a long sleep;
And there is a promise in the season
I know no name for
Except life.
O Lord, you have sketched the lines of spring.
Be with me in my longing.
It is spring, Lord,
And something stirs in me,
Reaching, stretching
Groping for words,
Peeking through my defenses,
Beckoning in my laughter,
Riding on past my fears,
Pulsing in my music.
And there is the mystery
And the smile of it.
Be with me in my reaching
So I will touch or be touched,
This time,
By a grace, a warmth, a light,
To unfold my life to a new beginning,
A fresh budding,
A spring within as well as around me.
O Lord, you have sketched the lines of spring.
Be with me in my reaching.






2 comments:

  1. Absolute poetry on your part, Lolly. And I'm looking forward to all of it too. Except the Peeps. They rate right up there with black licorice for me. A huge Ewwwey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only added the Peeps for visual effect. I hate them too, AND I also hate black licorice!

    ReplyDelete