Saturday, May 19, 2018

Do you feel like I do?



28. Do you feel loved by your partner? Yes
Family? Yes
Friends? I don't have any friends. I have my best friend but she is also my sister-in-law so she falls under the category of family.
Associates? I don't have any associates.

29. When have you felt that you would never love again?
In high school when the boy I had a crush on, who didn't know I existed, started dating someone else.

30. When have you felt your heart overflowing with love?
The first time I laid eyes on every single one of my grandchildren right after they were born.

31. Do you know the people in your neighborhood?
The woman in the duplex to the left of us is single. She has 3 cats. Her name is Lauren and she is a personal trainer. The downstairs unit is empty.
The house to our right is also a duplex. A young family of Latinos lives up stairs-Dad, Mom and two small boys. There is a language barrier so I do not know their names. They keep to themselves.
The Latino "family" that lives downstairs in the two bedroom duplex also don't speak English. There are 8 adults and 4 children living there. Sometimes there are new faces...small children that go to school and then they are gone during the Summer and occasionally a teenager or two for the school year as well. I don't know any of their names.
(What the hell? is what I usually think to myself. I've been in that house and there ain't no way there is room for all of those "family" members to live comfortably. My guess is that they must be sleeping in the basement on cots or mattresses on the floor. The basement windows are covered in newsprint.)
They all seem nice enough but no one speaks english. Maybe the kids do. I don't know.
The woman across the street is 81, named Joann, and went to school with my mother. She and I talk gardening alot. She is a snow bird- meaning she lives here six months out of the year and in Arizona during the winter months.
The woman next to Joann, also across the street, is named Lisa and is renting that house til June 1st.
The family that lives behind us like to live large and throw parties during football season. They have an above ground swimming pool that looks questionable...the water is lime green. She works for a dentist and her name is Darlene. He works for the city road crew and his name is Terry. They have two grown children Kayla and TJ and the cutest little dog named Boo. She looks like a fox.

32. Do you have a community you feel connected to? Sort of. I like my church. I like the people that I know there. My entire family goes to church there. I feel comfortable there. Our Pastor grew up on a farm in Missouri and aside from the dumb ass farm jokes he's always making, he gives a pretty decent sermon.

Ten more questions to go in this series. Are you learning anything new about me? Should I do the next series of questions?
Lately it feels like I'm all alone here in Blogger land. 
Anybody still reading this blog?

Peter Frampton    Do you feel like we do-





Thanks for reading and listening!
Love, Lolly

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying these posts, Lolly. It's good to get to know you a little bit this way. Your honesty is very inviting and disarming. Thank you for what you share. xo

    ReplyDelete