Friday, May 18, 2018

Six more to add to the pyre

22. Do you perspire? Easily? With difficulty?
Yes. Easily. Enough said.

23. Do you have any circulatory problems? No

24. How do you feel about being in the sun? Sunny weather? Cloudy weather?
I contradict myself here. I like it when it is sunny on a day when we are going to the beach.
I appreciated that it was sunny every single day in Florida but I hate it when it is hot and humid.
I hate the feeling of my brain cooking.
I cannot work outside in the heat.
It wrecks me.
On cloudy days I wish it was sunny.
And I love gray rainy days.

25.When have you dreamed of fire or explosions?
Back in high school I had a dream like this.
It was pitch black, night time, and I was in the middle of a village. There were grass huts all around me and all of them were on fire. It seemed like a war zone. (Think Rambo) Lots of chaos.
I could see the orange glow of the tracer rounds as they whizzed by me and the next thing I knew I was surrounded by and wading thru waist deep water. That's all I remember.

26. Do you like bitter or burnt things, like coffee or burnt toast?
OMG YES!! Love love love burnt toast, or burned popcorn, black as ash roasted marshmallows, dark brown potato chips, the burned melted cheese on the pan from a pizza....need I go on?
Coffee is what flows through my veins. Gee...I wonder why I have anxiety and trouble sleeping?

27. What do you feel bitter about?
Two things.
One...He never went to AA. Not my business, I know, but it sort of IS my business too. I guess you could classify him as a dry drunk but he's nicer than a mean dry drunk. It does still piss me off a bit that I went to Al Anon and worked on my issues but he never got to the root of his own issues.
There are times in his life today when it is painfully obvious that he needs to go to an AA meeting, and it has nothing to do with his drinking. (He doesn't drink anymore. Been sober for 8 years)
There is a line in a Rhianna song that says-
Funny you're the broken one But I'm the only one who needed saving.
This is true for me.
I wished we could have both gotten well together, I wanted it so bad. I had great plans for us.
I learned to live with his decision, and truthfully it doesn't bother me all that much anymore.

Two...His mother has been the proverbial mother-in-law for the last 35 years.
Only there isn't any comedy in her actions. She is a horrible person who has lied and spread gossip about me. She has called me an old hag who said I should be grateful that her son married me. She accused me of causing my daughters death and told people that I had a drinking problem and that was the reason why the baby died. She attempted to dig up the baby at the cemetery.
She told us we were bad parents and that God would take the rest of our children.
She has told me to my face that she gave my husband money to go find hisself a whore because men need a lot of sex. She blamed me for his drinking problem. She has tried to set him up with other women. I am not kidding you.
The bitter part for me is my husband doesn't tell her to stop saying these things about me.
He blames it on mental illness and while I believe that to be true, I still wish he would tell her off.

That's it for today,
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

2 comments:

  1. Your MIL! What a despicable human! Is she old enough to die soon? Am I evil for saying that out loud?

    Burnt toast? Ewwww! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the good die young Birdie.

    ReplyDelete