Monday, May 21, 2018

Dry Bones Dancing


38. When have you isolated yourself?
I isolated myself after I got fired back in 2009. I was embarrassed, ashamed, lonely, miserable. I felt lost and unsure of myself, unsure of who to trust or who to talk to. Unsure of what I wanted to do.
I felt isolated again after the Intervention we had in 2010. That was a hard time for him as well as for me. We lost all of our friends when he quit drinking.
It's  strange isn't it?  A man decides to get better and loses his friends.
I found comfort in Jesus and confided that to one of those ex friends and she stopped talking to me.

39. How much time do you spend with live human beings? With electronic devices?
I spend all day everyday with human beings. My husband and my son live here and the grandkids are here Monday thru Friday 7:45am-5:00pm.
I am rarely alone.
I use my laptop to post and read blogs and for Pinterest. Other than that I use my IPhone for Instagram, FB, music, etc. I check Instagram the most. I love seeing other peoples pictures and the captions or stories that they attach to them. By the end of the day my battery is at 40%.

39. * (yes 39 again. I found a typo in this book. Some editor wasn't doing their job)
      * When have you been happy?
Recently? I was happy when we were on vacation in Florida, but who's not happy at the ocean?
I'm happy when his truck pulls in the driveway at the end of the day.
I'm happy at the library.
I'm happy whenever I see the grandkids. I'm happy when it rains. I'm happy when my dog eats.
I was happy watching the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
I'm happy when I can spend time with my best friend.
I'm happy more than I'm sad.

40. When have you felt peaceful joy?
During a blizzard, when I know the people I love are safe and sound and snug in their own homes with plenty of food and no place to go. Then when night falls and it's freezing cold outside and the world has that quiet hush that happens after a deep snowfall, and everything feels peaceful and calm.

41. Who are the wise elders in your life? How often do you speak to them?
I don't have any wise elders that I consult with. My mother is still alive and lives 3 blocks over.
I talk to her a few times a week.

42. What do you see burning in your life?
At the moment, my muscles are burning because I weeded my gardens all day long on my knees.
My soul is burning, for what, I do not know. More Jesus, more prayer maybe.
I'm yearning and burning for friendships.
With the nicer weather I am burning some calories by walking every day.
***********************
At church this morning, the pastor asked the question-
"Is there something in your soul that is not at rest? Or has something sucked the life out of you?"
(See?? Coincidence! )
My answer is Yes. But I'm not sure what it is yet.
He then said that "Old dry bones can live again!"
And my first thought was the Lauren Diagle song Come Alive.


As we call out to dry bones come alive, come alive
We call out to dead hearts come alive, come alive
Up out of the ashes let us see an army rise
We call out to dry bones, come alive

Fire, Ash, Burning, Rising...like a Phoenix.

I have burned through all 42 questions for the chapter on Fire.
Next up is Earth.
35 questions that have nothing to do with the actual planet Earth.
Are you intrigued?

Thanks for ready,
Love, Lolly



No comments:

Post a Comment