Tuesday, May 8, 2018

No passion No fun

Writing down the bones series
Questions 7 & 8

7. What or whom do you feel passionate about?
Definition of passionate-
Showing,or caused by, strong feelings or a strong belief.
Synonyms: intense, impassioned, ardent, fervent, vehement, heated, emotional, heartfelt, eager, excited, animated, adrenalized, spirited, energetic, fervid, frenzied, fiery, wild, consuming, violent

Uh..... how bad is it that I can't answer this question? At the moment I don't feel passionate about a single person or thing. Well the grandkids certainly, but that's love, not passion.
I am passionate about reading so I guess there's that. And I like gardening in the Spring.

8. What do you do for fun?
.....crickets chirping......Besides riding our Harley, ya mean?
What on Gods green earth is the matter with me? I can't think of an answer for this question either.
What's even worse is that the real answer is that I don't believe that I (we) do anything for fun other than riding our Harley in nice weather. And while that is fun, it's only him and I on that thing. I guess my idea of fun would be or should include, more than just us. A group of people, ya know??
Last summer we went out to dinner with a couple we've known for 35 years. I laughed most of the night...they are a fun couple. The only problem is that they don't ever call us to do anything. It is always us who does the pursuing. After a while it makes a person feel weird to always be the one to call and ask for a playdate.
Isn't that weird to you? Don't you think it's strange that they don't initiate outings with us?
Also, we went to a retirement dinner for my husbands coworker in October. Eight of us sat at a table and they were all so funny and gracious. I mentioned at the end of the night that wouldn't it be fun to all get together again sometime soon? They all agreed and phone numbers were exchanged.
Again... no one has called us. Why do I always have to be the one who calls and does the planning?
(meanwhile him and I sit at home and watch Netflix or reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond.)
Guess I know what I'm going to have to do if I ever want to have some sort of fun again.
The introvert in me is crying right now...just so you know.

*that blog title was a bit misleading, no?

Sorry for the short post today. Question #9 is a doozy so it's getting it's own post tomorrow.
Stay tuned,
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

3 comments:

  1. 7. I know you feel passionate about lying. Passion doesn't mean only positive. I feel passionate about social justice....feeding the hungry, housing the homeless and treating the mentally ill like people. No child should ever be hungry.

    8. I get it! People form their groups and if you are unlucky enough to not have one, it is hard to find one. It takes a planner. I think most groups have ONE planner that does most of the arrangement and calling. Even in lady groups I see that often it is one person that is the glue. I don't really have a group but I have two really good girlfriends and that helps.

    I know you are lonely at times. I wish you one or two bosom buddies that ease the burden of living this life just a little. May 2018 be your year sweetie♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice about passion. I am passionate about animal cruelty, hungry children, teachers that don't get paid near enough, Firefighters and Policeman getting paid less than actors and football players really pisses me off too. Recycling and making less waste, composting food scraps, shopping at resale stores are also something I do. Hey! Look at me!! I'm passionate about something! Thanks friend. Sometimes all a body needs is a lil boost up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete