Monday, May 7, 2018

Muy Caliente

Writing down the bones series
Questions 2-6
(I'll try to keep my answers brief or good lord this is gonna take me a lifetime to finish)

2. How do you feel in hot weather? Cold weather?
Hot weather pisses me off. I feel angry and sweaty and irritated. It shortens my temper. Little things irritate me that shouldn't. Clothes are tight and hot and when they stick to me it makes me feel fat.
Hot weather is usually associated with high humidity too. Humidity renders me insane. It's hard to breathe and it makes me feel like a sluggard. And also it wrecks my hair. On really bad days I want to shave my head bald. There are days when there is no way to cool off ever and i feel like I will die of the heat.
Cold weather is easier to breathe in. I like cold weather. Snow in the forecast?? Woot!! I love it when November rolls around and the air is crisp and cold. Hot coffee and a flannel shirt? Yes, please. I can always find a way to dress in layers during the cold season. Feeling a smidgeon chilly? Pull on an extra sweater or cozy up under a blanket. The cold weather makes me feel energized.

3. Do you go "hot and cold" about people? About things?
I change my mind sometimes, is that the same thing? Not about people but about things. In regards to people, usually once a body has hurt me or my feelings, if there isn't a heartfelt apology then I write that person off. Not in a mean way. I just avoid them and/or stop talking to them.

4. How do you feel about hot food? Hot music?
Hot food, as in spicy food? Nope. I hate it. No spicy food for this girl. I hate that heat in the back of my throat. And once it's there, my whole meal will be ruined. Hell, my whole night will be ruined!
Hot music?? Meaning....? What? Are we talking Latin Salsa music? Or music that gets your heart rate up? Meh...I don't know. I listen to a variety of music but I wouldn't call any of it hot.

5. Do you wear red clothes? Would you buy a red car? Live in a red house?
I have a couple of red shirts so I guess I would wear red clothes. Red car? No. But our Harley is red.
Red house? Maybe. Depends on the design of it I suppose.

6. How do you feel about Summer?
I want to like Summer, I do. I like the idea of it. No school, lazy days to do nothing but lay around or go to the beach or ride bikes. Ice cream on a hot night, running barefoot thru the green cool grass, catching lightning bugs to put in an empty pickle jar with a handful of grass and a stick, lemonade or iced tea out by the pool, getting a suntan, taking a vacation to go camping in the woods, sleeping late or sleeping in, and naps with the curtains billowing out thru the open window. Picnics outside with hot dogs and burgers, potato salad and watermelon.
But the truth is Summer is hot and boring. And I detest watermelon. I know bees are necessary for pollination but I dislike their stingers. I hate pulling weeds. I hate the way weeds smell.
Small kids playing Marco Polo at the pool make me want to scream.
My bones and joints hurt too much to sleep on the hard ground in a tent so no more camping.
But when him and I take ourselves on a 3 day Harley ride?? I surely don't mind sleeping on crisp cotton sheets in an air-conditioned hotel room.
And also when we ride, I don't mind smelling strawberry fields or pine forests from my perch on the seat behind him.
But Summer is usually too hot for me. It saps my strength most of the time.
I want to like it but I don't.

That's it for this addition.
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly

3 comments:

  1. I like posts where I learn more about my blogging friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whahaha!!! You and I could not be more opposite!

    2. Cold weather makes me a CRANK. Warmth energizes me.
    3. Solid, it takes something pretty big to break my loyalty.
    4. I'm a kinda red head so no read clothes or lipstick. NO red car but a red house with black shutters....I'd consider it.
    4. Bring on the spice! Love it hot. Love Mexican, Thai, Indian.
    5. Summer is my month! Love autumn colors and clothes but weather wise...summer all the way.

    I'm learning a lot about you with these Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about hot weather. It's almost like I have a true phobia about it now. I check the forecast, relieved if 60s and 70s are predicted, and anxious and upset if anything over 80 is coming. And over 90? Then I'm mad and don't even know how to live in the present -- just waiting for cooler days. It's a good thing I don't live in SoCal anymore. NoMin is cooler, but we've got our hot summer weather in these past few years. xoxo

    ReplyDelete