Thursday, May 17, 2018

People are probably over-rated anyway

Quote on mental health: Sometimes, all you need is for someone just to be there, even if they can't solve your problems. Just knowing there is someone who cares can make all the difference. www.HealthyPlace.com

16. How do you feel at parties?
Parties?!?! Good God. Aside from family parties ie: Thanksgiving, Christmas and the occasional birthday party, I (we) don't go to parties.  We don't get invited to any parties...well there was that retirement dinner last year for one of his coworkers.
It was pleasant, and the people were fun to be around. I (we) had a good time.
I'd like to do it again,
I'd like to go to a party that wasn't a family party but who has parties?
Family parties are loud, a tad bit stressful and very crowded. No one has a home big enough for all of us to fit comfortably.
There is a lot of standing involved, so we tend to keep them to a 2 hour minimum.
Do YOU go out to parties?

17. Have you heard any good jokes lately?
See question 18

18. How is your sex life?
See question 17

19. What do you do Wholeheartedly? Halfheartedly?
Wholeheartedly-Love my family. Love Jesus. Read books. Grocery shop and cook dinner. Yearn.
Halfheartedly-Clean house. Fold socks. Pull weeds out of the garden. Make friends. Journal.

20. Do you enjoy being with people? Honestly? No.
Immediate family ie: spouse, children, their spouses and grandchildren are not included in that.
And yet sometimes I feel like I am the loneliest person on this planet.
I mean who doesn't like to be with people?
But people aggravate me. They're in my way or too close to me in a grocery line. I hate the smell of too many people. I get claustrophobic in a crowded room. And if more than one person is coughing??
Geezaloo...I react like a germaphobe and I'm not, really I'm not. But it freaks me out if a lot of folks are coughing all of their germs into the air. I hate touching door knobs and anything in a public bathroom stall is off limits. Yikes. I guess I am a little bit of a germ freak, but not really.

21. How important is friendship to you?
I'd like to say very important. I have a best friend. She works. A lot. So much in fact that I only get to see her once every two months or so. No joke.  She also has grown kids and a husband and two grandsons that she likes to spend time with. I fear that I am at the very bottom of her to do list. I've told her that I need more time with her. I've told her that I feel lonely and that we need to find the time to get together. I suggested an hour, once a week, on an evening when she is not working.
Maybe meet at the bookstore or go to a local coffee house for decaf.
She said she'd try. And then she didn't. Or maybe she did try. I don't know. All I know is we still never find the time to get together in person. We used to talk on the phone for hours at a time but that doesn't happen anymore either. When I'm available she's not. When she's available, I'm not.
We did do a Bible study together earlier this year at her church.
I ended up disliking the study (of course I did) but spending 2 hours together every Thursday night for 6 weeks was wonderful. I miss her.
More than words can convey.

Image result for people will find the time to be with youPeople always make time for who or what is important to them. if you hear the word "busy" too often, read between the lines. facebook.com/dgtronicz




Image result for people will find the time to be with you


These questions are making me feel a bit like a nutjob.
Sheesh. Writing myself well is making me feel a little bit unwell.
Oh well,
Thanks for reading,
Love, Lolly


2 comments:

  1. You know what I love about you, Lolly. That you can joke about your sex life and love Jesus all is the same post.
    I went to a study this week and was talking about how much I feel in love with Jesus when I was 16. He was the perfect friend. The perfect parent. I miss him and I’m hoping m new church gives me more opportunity to get to know him again.

    ReplyDelete